Monday, June 22, 2009

the vow

It’s not often I am speechless and tongue-tied. I am completely lost for words that all I can do now is write. But even written words elude me and I am left to stare at a blank white sheet on my screen.

How is it possible that another human being can completely take your breath away? When all you can do is stare and think and smile and remember and smile again. I have passed the point of being silly, I am actually a schoolgirl now. When I see him, my heart skips a beat, my legs turn rubbery and I literally clam up. All I see are his green eyes, staring right back at me with intensity.

This man loves me for all that I am. He respects me, takes care of me, and wants to be with me. He will take a bullet for me. I feel like how a woman should feel when I’m with him. I feel safe and protected and oh so loved.

That is why I vow, that from this day forward, I will take care of him and be the best person I can be for him. I will comfort him and cry with him, love him with my whole heart and grow with him. This is it for me.

And as he asked me if I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, without hesitation, I said yes.

2 comments:

  1. I'm your first follower! Again, SammyDew, let me just say how happy I am that you're happy. :-) You deserve all of this and more. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw.. thanks Tish.:) i'm happy how things have turned out and i honestly can't wait for you all to meet him. don't know when but you will know for sure when we're there.;) he's a bit of a firecracker, never a dull moment with him. but he has a big heart and that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete